GDs Judge Your
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and Convincing skills
- Assertive skills
- Empathy and consideration for others opinion
Skills to be honed for GD
- Self-control and patience
- Be friendly, warm and cooperative
- Speak intimately, informally
- Don't see others as adversaries
- Be receptive
- Appreciate the good points of others
- During heated arguments, be silent, then give a studied opinion and take control of the situation
Pay attention to
- What you speak
- When you speak
- How you speak
During the GD
- Try for consensus
- If there is a conflict, take control
- Give positive angle to the discussion
- Complement and consolidate
- Don't cry out or shout
Ending the GD
- Sum up the discussion with the observer's consent
- Add some points as your view
- Thank all Post GD
- Shake hands
- Thank All
To flavor your participation in GDs, use the expressions like
- With your permission, may i supplement?
- May I intervene?
- May I add to that - May I Suggest?
- There is or can be another angle?
- While supporting what you said, may I add?
- With your permission, sir, may I sum up the discussion?